As a young girl did you dream of being a princess? Did you read fairy tales and think if you could only marry your Prince Charming, everything would be perfect? Or maybe now, do you watch Hallmark movies, especially the ones with undercover princes from obscure countries, and wish that you could have that kind of life?
In today’s episode of All God’s Women we look at Michal, a true princess who married her Prince Charming, who later became king. And yet, Michal’s life was anything but happily ever after. In fact, it was her princess attitude that led to her tragic downfall.
Michal had the makings of a fairy tale life, daughter of a king, married to a king, but she missed out on the glories of The King of Kings. She got caught up in the superficial and never realized the substantial. She died never truly knowing David, never understanding the secret to his greatness.
How many of us are guilty of the same? Do we focus on the trivial when we should be concentrating on the timeless? Do we get so caught up in what people will think of us that we forget whose opinion matters the most? Do we care more about public opinion than we care about our Lord?
The world will feed us all kinds of lies. It’s easy to believe them, putting ourselves on a moral pedestal, when in reality, we’re on a spiritual low. It’s only when we humble ourselves and concern ourselves more with what God desires than what will impress others, that we can reach the spiritual high that we long for.
Bible Study Review
- What did David have to provide as a dowry to marry Michal?
- What was the name of Michal’s second husband?
- How many children did Michal have?
Thoughts to Ponder
- What kind of marriage did David and Michal have?
- How was Michal like her father?
- How might Michal have saved her marriage?
- Do you love your husband for who he is or for what he offers you?
- Would you defy your family in order to save your husband?
- Do you encourage your husband’s spiritual growth?
- Are you a helpmeet or a stumbling block to your husband?
Join with other women in the
All God’s Women Bible Study Facebook group
Don’t Miss Out on Future Episodes
Subscribe today and listen on your favorite platform.
New episodes drop every Tuesday morning.