Would you call yourself an emotional individual? How do you respond when tragedy hits? Can you handle yourself during a crisis or do you break down into hysterics?
In today’s episode of All God’s Women we look at the Shunammite woman, a take charge woman of few words. But when tragedy hit, she could’t hide the emotions bubbling inside.
2 Kings chapter 4 goes directly from the prophet’s widow to the Shunammite woman. The two could not be more different. One was destitute; the other wealthy. One a widow; the other married. One had two sons; the other was barren. Both, however, needed a miracle, which the prophet Elisha provided.
Are you an hyper sensitive or are you stoic like this woman? Do you do your best to bottle up any emotion, not letting anyone see the raw feelings inside? What are you afraid of? Are you afraid if they ever leak out you’ll not be able to contain them anymore? Are you afraid people will think less of you if they know you have feelings? Do you equate emotions with weakness?
Isn’t it wonderful that God gave us glimpses of all different women so that we could see all levels of the spectrum? Don’t you love that even if you never tell a soul what you’re feeling, He still knows. He knows the desires of your heart. He knows your deepest heartache. And He’s there for both. He longs to give you all that you need and to comfort you in your time of sorrow. All you have to do is to give it to Him.
2 Kings 4
2 Kings 8
Bible Study Review
- Why did the Shunammite woman build a guest room for Elisha?
- How did Elisha repay her for her kindness?
- How did Elisha save the woman from famine?
Thoughts to Ponder
- Why did the woman get angry when Elisha told her she’d have a baby?
- Why did she dismiss Gehazi’s attempt to heal her son?
- How did the woman react to the healing of her son?
- Have you settled in your current situation because you’re afraid of getting your hopes up?
- How do you respond to tragedy?
- Are you willing to fight to save your family?
Join with other women in the
All God’s Women Bible Study Facebook group
Don’t Miss Out on Future Episodes
Subscribe today and listen on your favorite platform.