Have you ever done something you were ashamed of? How did you respond afterwards? Did you openly admit your sin or did you try to pretend it never happened? Were others impacted by your actions?
In this week’s episode of All God’s Women, we look at Bathsheba, a woman caught in a scandalous situation. Was she an innocent victim or a willing participant? Either way, we can learn from her life’s experiences.
We serve a God of second chances. Whatever we’ve done in the past, however vile it might be, God always offer us the opportunity to come clean and start afresh. Sure, there will be consequences that we may live with for the rest of our lives. We may even deal with consequences of other people’s sins. But even those negative consequences can be used for God’s glory.
God loves us. God loves you.
You may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. You may have given into temptation. You may have succumbed to someone stronger than you. You may have a long list of things you’ve done that you regret.
Perhaps you’re thinking that you’re too far gone, that the consequences are too great. But please know. You’re never too far gone. God is always there with open arms waiting for you to turn around and return to Him. Don’t wait. Today is the day to start anew.
2 Samuel 11-12
1 Kings 1
Bible Study Review
- What should David have been doing instead of walking around on his roof?
- What was the punishment for adultery?
- How did David find out Bathsheba was pregnant?
Thoughts to Ponder
- What might have happened had Bathsheba resisted David’s advances?
- Why did David not mourn when his baby died?
- How was Bathsheba redeemed from her past?
- Do you ever flaunt yourself when you should be more modest?
- Has God given you a second chance in your life?
- How are you alike and different from Bathsheba?
Join with other women in the
All God’s Women Bible Study Facebook group
Don’t Miss Out on Future Episodes
Subscribe today and listen on your favorite platform.
If you want to make sure you don’t miss a single episode, sign up to have All God’s Women delivered straight to your inbox. New episodes drop every Tuesday morning.